Frequently asked questions
I can't see anything at all?
The broadcast requires the Flash plug-in. Almost every pc has flash installed, but you may have an older version. Go to Google and search for "Flash Plugin Download" to download the latest version of the free software. All you need to do next is restart the browser and log into the broadcast.
I can log into the viewer, but why is there no broadcast?
You might want to try the following options:
- Check if a broadcast is scheduled at that time. Please also take into account possible differences in time zones
- It is not uncommon for a live broadcast to begin a minute or two later than scheduled
- The viewer window can sometimes be loaded even though you are not connected to the internet. To be sure that your computer is online, try opening another website.
- Sometimes the rare occasion occurs that there are too many simultaneous connections. If you believe this should be the case, please try again later. The broadcast team will be automatically informed if the participation limit is exceeded.
Why can't I hear any sound?
Please check your sound settings by trying the following
- Check sound settings on your pc case, such as a volume slider on the side of your laptop
- Check sound settings under the "control panel" in windows
If this does not solve the problem, try finding out if you can hear sound when viewing the broadcast on a different PC. If this is not the case, please inform the broadcaster.
The broadcast has interferences
An interference can for example be receiving regular short "gaps" in the transmission. If you should experience this, please try the following:
- Shut down other programmes using your internet connection, such as Skype, IM Messengers, Email Traffic, etc
- If you are on a wireless connection, make sure you are near enough to the wireless router. A weak connection could cause interruptions in the broadcast transmittal.
- Make sure your internet connection transfer rate is sufficient for the broadcast. In general, a DSL connection or faster is adequate.
I can't log into my account / I lost my password
No problem, just try to renew your password on the homepage of local.rignoflight. Be sure to use the same email address as your original account.
If you still cannot log in, we you can request a new password here.
If you are still experiencing problems with your connection, please contact us. We would we glad to assist you.
If your question is not listed here, you could help us by sending us a mail so we can add your question to the list.
Piet van Straaten
pvstraaten @ hotmail.com